MORPHOLOGY OF FACIAL SURFACES:
This page relates to the following procedures:
- Composite pontics
- Class IV
- extensive Class Vs
- direct composite veneers
- extensive incisal restorations
- composite prosthodontics – lengthening of abraded or eroded natural teeth.
DETERMINANTS OF ACCEPTABLE ESTHETICS
- Resin hue, chroma, and value, the latter being the most significant
- Resin opacity/ metamerism
- creating an outline form and silhouette which correctly define the tooth in terms of size.
- facets and facial morphology that mimic the surrounding tooth
- surface texture of the surrounding dentition and mimicking it
- ensuring that the facial prominence, line angles and heights of contact are faithful to the original form of the tooth.