- This event has passed.
Atlantic Academy of General Dentistry
November 24, 2018
A full day presentation on four practice-changing restorative topics.
- Incisal Attrition
- Inlay/Flange Bridges and Splints
- Large composite Restorations
- MTA Pulp Cap
ADVANCED ADHESION DENTISTRY: GIVING PATIENTS MORE FOR THEIR BUDGET WITH NEW CLINICAL PROCEDURES
MORNING: TWO NEW PROCEDURES:
- RESTORING INCISAL ATTRITION WITH RESIN
- INLAY/FLANGE CONSERVATIVE BRIDGES AND PERIODONTAL SPLINTS
- ATTAINABLE EXCELLENCE: 101 REFINEMENTS TO INCREASE SPEED, COMFORT, ESTHETICS AND RELIABILITY IN POSTERIOR COMPOSITES
- MANAGING COMPOSITE CURVE BALLS; PULP CAP, DEEP BOXES, FRACTURES, POOR TISSUE, FURCATIONS, AND OTHER CONDITIONS THAT CAN STALL THE RESTORATIVE PROCESS.
New procedures for a poor economy, increased senior population, and younger patients desiring better appearance with lessened invasion. Clinically sound and scientifically validated methods to improve conventional posterior composites, and solutions for difficult clinical situations that can spoil your day.
Dr. Peter Walford, McGill 1975, has mentored study clubs for 15 years in adhesion dentistry. A well-loved Live Stage Clinician at the Pacific Dental Conference 2012-2015, he has taught at dental meetings across the country and published in Oral Health. He initiated online study groups with the BC Dental Association and is a Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Restorative Dentistry and Prosthodontics. His dedication to cast gold has led to re-invention of bulletproof, inexpensive, and esthetic adhesion bridges which lower fixed prosthetic costs with lessened effort and invasion.
In the diverse world of direct composites, his methods offer sound scientific underpinnings and convincing clinical results, and create new benchmarks for clinical satisfaction and certainty.
He has practiced on a BC Gulf Island for 33 years, operates a small organic farm with his wife, has 4 children and 8 grandchildren, and builds mid-size sailboats. His methods are summarized on the website www.peterwalforddentistry.com A password will be available to attendees for follow-up and his recent Handbook of Composite Technique will be available as well.
OBJECTIVES: Participants will learn:
- Incisal Attrition: Functional preparations, best resins and adhesives, important precautions, best finishing methods, strategies for augmentation of vertical dimension.
- Inlay-Flange Bridges and Splints: Tooth replacement with bullet-form tissue-emergent pontics, and periodontal splinting on a sextant basis. Preparation protocol, managing draw in sextants, lab prescription, alloys, primers, cements needed to work with this new adhesive retainer design.
- Class IIs Best matrixes, adhesives, resins, cure lights, isolation, visibility, occlusal and proximal design.
- Advanced Class IIs: Custom-contoured circumferential matrix, tissue control, MTA pulp Cap, bevels and cusp shoeing, cracks, sensitivity management, furcations, and rapid finishing.