At the Pacific Dental Conference in Vancouver on March 8, 2019 , Dr. Walford demonstrated a lower-arch molar MODL restoration on the Live Stage in the Exhibit hall. The Bandbender™ was an key part of the procedure. A large number of attendees “got it” and placed orders for Bandbenders with Sure Dental Innovations, our dealer for Bandbenders™.
Haven’t heard of the Bandbender? It’s the game-changing matrtix-shaper that makes large composites successful. Without it, don’t pass go, don’t collect $200.When sectionals become useless, bring out the Bandbender™.
You can’t talk about flight if you haven’t got wings. The Bandbender shaping system is a cornerstone to large composite success. It develops properly curved proximals from a flat typical Tofflemire matrix. No broken contacts, no food traps, no expensive repairs. Win every time. Restore boxes of any size on teeth with any amount of missing tooth structure.
It could bring an enormous improvement in your restorative capability and your practice satisfaction. Stop doing it the hard way.
See THE BANDBENDER™
Other high points of the demonstration:
- Glass fibers- which are the best, and indications for placement see Glass Fibers
- Cusp shoe design principles – bevels and the science behind them
- Outside-in gingival box preparation– protecting the adjacent tooth from iatrogenic damage
- Up-scaling gingival margins – avoiding Class II recurrent gingival decay from improper enamel preparation at the margin
- Isolate rubber dam- the best in the industry see more at Isolation
- The Sippressor retromolar saliva ejector- an essential patient comfort and isolation device see The Sippressor
- Custom wedge trimming- seal the gingival matrix and protect the curvature of the Bandbender™ matrix see Wedging
- Contact Formers to guarantee proximal contact see Placement
- Etch- the most effective products see Etching
- Rinse- the most effective protocol see Etching
- Double-priming dentin, essential for postoperative comfort see Dentin Priming
- Caries detector for 100% certainty of caries removal and old composite removal
- Sandblasting for optimum margin adhesion
- Managing flash see Occlusal Plasty
- A sandblasting scavenging system to preserve operatory air quality see Big Bertha
- Adhesive – a versatile DC MDP -based adhesive with a long success record see Bonding
- Bulk-eze DC bulk fill, the only good bulk fill on the market with research to prove it see Bulk Fill
- Flowable first gingival increment to prevent contraction damage to dentistry’s most fragile margin see Flowable
- Wet-pack placement- eliminating bubbles at cusp shoe margins see Wetpack Margins
- Voco Grandioso, a very tough resin with parameters to validate it see Resin Choices
- Curing- deeply and powerfully to rapidly increment large restorations see Curing
- Calibrating cure to the resin; joule requirement see Curing
- Proximal post-curing- to ensure maximum cross-linking at the heart of the restoration
- Occlusal shaping and polishing – a simplified, rapid method see Occlusal Finishing
- Articulation – a rapid and exacting verification method that meets best occlusal principles and delivers postoperative comfort see Articulation
Perhaps you know these techniques, but if not, they are part of the Class II restoration method in the Handbook of Composite Technique, an online source book soon to be available from this site. Check back for publication date; it will be announced on this home page.